Course Overview: This session is designed to help managers and team leaders develop skills and knowledge to enable successful management of a budget. Delegates will gain a better understanding of the NHS financial framework, service development processes, and the use of financial systems.
- Understand how the Trust, and the NHS more widely, is funded.
- Be able to interpret a budget and forecast statement and understand the importance of sound financial governance and control.
- Gain an overview of cost improvement programmes, service development processes and budget setting.
- Improve user knowledge of eProcuerment, Purchase Invoice Manager (PIM) and TRAC/payroll forms.
- Identify sources of support for Finance related queries.
South Tees NHS trust staff
Recommended for individuals moving into their first managerial position or who have been in a managerial role for a while but haven’t undertaken management training or feel in need of a refresher. If you are a non-medical registrant who is eligible for Continual Professional Development (CPD) funding this course will account as part of your annual allowance for CPD funding.
Learning and Development, STRIVE Academic Centre
For information please email: [email protected]
All cancellations need to be made through your account. For those who do not attend without cancellation, your line manager will be notified and a possible charge may be incurred.
Please be advised that this session has a minimum attendee requirement therefore if this isn’t met we may cancel the session. If this session is cancelled we will aim to advise attendees as far in advance as possible and apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Certificates and feedback:
Upon completion of this course a certificate will be available for you to download from your account along with any other post course information.