This recertification course has been designed for those candidates who have already undertaken the APLS course and after 4 years which to recertify. The course objectives are to;
- Provide the knowledge and skills necessary for recognition and effective treatment and stabilisation of children with life threatening emergencies, using a structured, sequential approach.
- Refresh the knowledge necessary for effective treatment and stabilisation of children with life threatening emergencies
- Practice the practical procedures necessary for effective management of childhood emergencies
- Test the retention of the APLS course content
The programme comprises approximately 8-10 hours pre-course online learning followed by a 1-day face-to-face course.
Candidate Criteria & Eligibility
- This programme if for those candidates who have already undertaken the full APLS course and after 4 year which to recertify
- Candidates have 6 months after their APLS certificate has expired to do this recertification course
- Those whose certificates have expired more than 6 months must undertake the full APLS course
- All recertifying candidates much read the manual and complete the APLS e-modules
Assessment & Certification
Continuous assessment during the course. If you are successful, APLS Recertification is valid for 4 years and includes access the to the VLE. Certificates are issued through the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG).
Organised by: Education events & conference team, STRIVE Academic Centre