Please note the date is not the actual session date this is negotiated with your Team Coach.
What is the Affina Team Journey? It’s a process designed to help your team improve performance.
- The Team Journey is a ‘tool-kit’ based on what we know about high performing teams.
- It consists of practical and enjoyable evidence-based activities.
- It allows your team to identify what it does well and where it needs to develop.
- It is used extensively in healthcare by all types of teams at all levels – our own Senior Leadership Team have used Affina, as have teams in STRIVE, specialist departments and ward staff here in South Tees.
Research shows that effective team working is vital to job satisfaction, wellbeing, service quality, innovation and almost every measure of organisational performance including patient outcomes.
Who is involved?
- Team leader: Your team journey is managed by you as the team leader.
- Team members: Your team members will be included in team discussions and questionnaires but they will not have direct access to this on-line team journey material or to the notes that you make along the way.
- Team coach: We have a number of team coaches in a variety of roles within the trust and will aim to allocate an appropriate coach to you from this pool. They will be able to see how your team is progressing through the journey in order to provide help and support.
How long does it take?
- Every journey is different but, as a guide, team leaders usually aim to complete the journey in less than 6 months,
- You can return to the journey, for example to repeat specific tasks or for more information, as often as you wish.
What does it cost?
- Each team journey, including access to all of the supporting documentation and tools, as well as the time of your team coach over the 4-6 months it will take to complete, can be purchased by purchasing a licence from Affina for £100. (Speak to your line manager or budget holder about how this may be funded – by applying to this event, the cost will automatically be allocated to your collaborative.)
Want to know more?
Contact the Leadership and Improvement Team on 01642 854182 / extension 54182 or email [email protected].