Debriefing is one of the central learning tools in simulation training, occurring after learners participate in the simulation experience,
Debriefing is a way to learn quickly in rapidly changing situations and to address mistakes or changes in a supportive environment.
Whether you are new to debriefing or want an update on how to effectively use debrief in your education role- this course provides you with the knowledge and skills delivered by experienced debriefers in a friendly set up.
- The importance of psychological safety and human factors in debriefing
- How to create psychological safety and why communication skills are essential in crafting a high-level learning environment.
- Evidence base behind psychological safety and human factors and why the absence of psychological safety can be so damaging to learners within simulation.
- Different Models of Debriefing
- How to effectively debrief based on the situation.
- Practical session to demonstrate how Debriefing can facilitate release of built-up emotions during simulation or a learning event.
- Interactive workshop at the end to consolidate theoretical learning.
By the end of the course, you should be confident in leading and managing a debrief session effectively.
You should gain skills to effectively use psychological safety in your debriefing.
Use debriefing to enhance learning in your education/teaching roles.
Education events and conferences team, STRIVE Academic Centre
Email: [email protected]
All cancellations need to be made through your account. For those who do not attend without cancellation, your line manager will be notified and a possible charge may be incurred. All paid events have a strict cancellations policy.
Certificates and feedback:
Upon completion of this course a certificate will be available for you to download from your account along with any other post course information. Please ensure you complete your feedback so we are able to continuously improve our training.
If you are a non-medical registrant who is eligible for Continual Professional Development (CPD) funding this course will account as part of your annual allowance.