This course complements existing simulation training with a focus on palliative care training for Internal Medicine Trainees (IMT). This training encompasses 8 simulation scenarios carefully mapped to the IMT curriculum to help the trainees achieve the required competencies for managing end of life and applying palliative care skills.
Key learning outcomes:
The following key learning outcomes are covered:
- Identifies patients with limited reversibility of their medical condition and determines palliative and end of care needs
- Identifies the dying patient and develops an individualised care plan, including anticipatory prescribing at end of life
- Demonstrates safe and effective use of syringe pumps in the palliative care population
- Able to manage non-complex symptom control including pain
- Facilitates referrals to specialist palliative care across all settings
- Demonstrates effective consultation skills in challenging circumstances
- Demonstrates compassionate behaviour and clinical judgement
Internal Medicine Trainees (IMT1-3)
The Postgraduate Department [email protected]
All cancellations need to be made through your account.
Certificates and feedback:
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.