Please be advised that this is the pilot of this new programme.
Our LEAN practitioner cohort is structured over a four month period with four separate half day training mornings over this time frame (one each month), which will enable candidates to build their skills and knowledge on LEAN methodology and service improvement with the aim to work to complete a improvement project.
At the end of the 4 training workshops candidates will be given approximately 6-8 weeks to work towards the completion of their projects. A poster presentation will then be held so that candidates can present their change initiatives back to the wider Trust.
By the end of the cohort candidates you will have gained an understanding of:
- Problem statements, planning, project overview, current state capture.
- Waste elimination, Future state, methods and tools, measures.
- Methods and tools continued, post change measurements.
- 30, 60, 90 day methodology, impact assessment, quantifying findings, continuous improvement.
- Session 1 – Wednesday 10th May 2023 – 09:00-12:30, Room 32a STRIVE – Problem statements, planning, project overview, current state capture.
- Session 2 – Thursday 8th June 2023 – 09:00-12:30, Room 9 STRIVE – Waste elimination, Future state, methods and tools, measures.
- Session 3 – Thursday 6th July 2023 – 09:00-12:30, Room 10 STRIVE – Methods and tools continued, post change measurements.
- Session 4 – Thursday 10th August 2023 – 09:00-12:30, Room 8 STRIVE – 30, 60, 90 day methodology, impact assessment, quantifying findings, continuous improvement.
- Poster Presentation – Wednesday 13th September – 13.30-16.30 at David Kenward Lecture Theatre, STRIVE Academic Centre, The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW
Throughout this 4 month period there will also be the following drop in improvement clinics. These have been designed as a safe space for the candidates to attend to progress elements of their project work, if required.
- Wednesday 31st May 2023 – Drop in available any time 9.00-12.30
- Thursday 22nd June 2023 – Drop in available any time 13.30-17.00
- Tuesday 25th July 2023 – Drop in available at any time 9.00-12.30
- Wednesday 30th August 2023 – Drop in available at any time 9.00-12.30
This progressive workshop is available to all staff across the trust who are looking to build their skills and knowledge on LEAN methodology and service improvement.
It is important for candidates to bring an idea to the workshop which they can work to progress and complete as part of the LEAN service improvement journey.
Line manager approval must be attained prior to booking a place on this training due to the time commitments that the course demands.
Candidates who do not complete their projects or their poster presentations will not be eligible for sign off, so commitment and dedication to the course are essential.
Leadership and Improvement team, STRIVE Academic Centre
Email: [email protected]
All cancellations need to be made through your account. For those who do not attend without cancellation, your line manager will be notified and a possible charge may be incurred.
Certificates and Other Information:
Upon completion of this course a certificate will be available for you to download from your account along with any other post course information.
If you are a non-medical registrant who is eligible for Continual Professional Development (CPD) funding this course will account as part of your annual allowance for CPD funding.
If you wish to be added to our waiting list, please email the Leadership and Improvement Team with your request.