This workshop will help managers to understand and reflect on the emotional temperature of themselves and their staff members and how this impacts conversations. We will use the “How Am I?” tool to illustrate how we can check in with ourselves and become more aware of our emotional state. We will show how the tool provides suggestions for coping strategies and exercises, depending on which emotional state we are in at any given time. We will discuss how the ability to move between different emotional states (emotional regulation) helps maintain psychological wellbeing and helps us to cope with difficulty.
We will illustrate how you can use this tool to help you to reflect on interactions with staff: providing a framework for how to approach conversations that involve difficult emotions. We will use scenarios and group discussion/ feedback to consider how this tool can be used in your workplace, alongside other psychological models and tools, to help managers and staff to manage the stresses and demands of work
- Learned the benefits of ‘checking in’ with our own and others’ emotional state
- Understood why we do not use the term ‘resilience’
- Learned how to use the ‘How Am I?’ toolkit to develop awareness of emotional state(s), support emotional regulation and aid wellbeing conversations
- Increased awareness of other useful psychological models and tools
- Learned how and when to access staff psychology services, training and other resources to support your own and others’ wellbeing at work
South Tees NHS trust staff
If you are a non-medical registrant who is eligible for Continual Professional Development (CPD) funding this course will account as part of your annual allowance for CPD funding.
The Learning and Development team. For information please email: [email protected]
All cancellations need to be made through your account. For those who do not attend without cancellation, your line manager will be notified and a possible charge may be incurred.
Please be advised that this session has a minimum attendee requirement therefore if this isn’t met we may cancel the session. If this session is cancelled we will aim to advise attendees as far in advance as possible and apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Certificates and feedback:
Upon completion of this course a certificate will be available for you to download from your account along with any other post course information.