This one day conference focusses on the challenges of daily life when living with a limited prognosis. Social welfare problems, particularly around finances, employment and housing, are prevalent towards end of life and have significant impact. Routes to support are difficult to find. Inequalities are obvious.
The conference will:
- identify the relevance and impact of social welfare issues in life-limiting illness and the potential to capitalise on legal rights
- ask ‘what do you call end of life? and consider the inequalities embedded in this term
- discuss learning together as a route to a system response
- invite you to contribute to change
Primary and secondary care clinical staff, advice services, legal services, voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations, social prescribers, occupational therapists, social services, social care providers, department of work and pensions, job centre staff, service managers, leads and commissioners.
Accreditation is being applied for through the Royal College of Physicians.
- Professor Dame Hazel Genn, Director, Centre for Access to Justice, UCL
- Sam Royston, Director of Policy and Research, Marie Curie
- Lindsey Poole, Director of the Advice Services Alliance
- Colette Hawkins, Chief Investigator, Legal Needs towards End of Life research
- Hannah Hesselgreaves, Professor of Organisational Learning, Northumbria University
- Sally Harris, Clinical Lead, START Hartlepool
- Emma Adams, NIHR ARC NENC, Mental Health Fellow
- Mark Smith, Director of Public Service Reform, Gateshead Council
- Sarah Gorman, NHS England Social Prescribing Regional Learning Co-ordinator and Chief Executive, Edbert’s House, Gateshead
- Lived experience group members from Legal Needs towards End of life research
Fees and cancellations:
This event is free of charge to attend, however, should you register and then not inform us if you need to cancel you will be charged a fee of £75.00. Reminders regarding your booking will be issued and online cancellation available through the account that you registered with. We anticipate high demand and therefore would like to ensure that we maximize attendance.
Events department: [email protected]
The Durham Centre, DH1 1TN
Free car parking onsite.
Certificates and feedback:
Upon completion of this course a certificate will be available for you to download from your account along with any other post course information. Please ensure you complete your feedback so we are able to continuously improve our training.